To keep up with customer requests and to strengthen our multidisciplinary engineering team, we are looking for an experienced AI Engineer with Machine Vision skills. Do you want to work at the intersection of Robotics and AI, developing innovative business solutions while also having a positive impact on the world? Then read on!
What you’ll do
Together with our software and mechanical engineers, you’ll work on on high-tech solutions for our customers. Your role within these teams will be to:
- Apply machine learning models, tools, and techniques for a wide range of customer projects
- Assist with data collection, generation, and augmentation
- Assist with integrating algorithms and models into hard- and software components
- Verify and validate system functionality and performance
- Work together with subject matter experts to identify algorithm and model requirements
Because you already have a few years of experience, you will take on a leading role within projects, supporting your team mates to achieve the best results possible.
We are a young, ambitious engineering firm and a social enterprise. We exist because the world faces complex challenges such as resource depletion, climate change and health threats. For us, helping to solve these kinds of real-world problems, by using Robotics and AI, is just as important as making a profit.
Cboost consists of a highly motivated, close-knit team of about 20 people with different backgrounds and expertise. What connects us is the will to use technology for a healthy and sustainable world. How? By enabling new processes, such as robotized agriculture, resource-saving factory optimizations and customized production with IoT.
These are complex matters. That’s why we invest a lot in the personal development of our Cboosters. For example: in addition to education and training, everyone at Cboost has a certified personal (external) coach who brings out the best in them.
Of course, it can’t all just be serious. We often kick it back together through regular team activities: BBQs, drinks, game nights, sports activities and fun team trips.
By the way, we’re flexible in how we work. Depending on the work that needs to be done, you can work either at a customer location, Cboost’s offices (in Delft and Eindhoven) or from home (2 days p/ week).
Who you are
You like working in a young and dynamic startup in which many things are already in place, but in which there is also still lots to do. That’s why you’re flexible and proactive, with the ambition to learn and grow with us. In addition, you have an entrepreneurial attitude to get the best results for customers and projects, with a passion for innovation. Speaking and working with all kinds of customers comes naturally to you.
To sum it up, this is what we expect from our future colleague:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in AI (Master’s is preferred), or in computer science, computer/software engineering or related field, supplemented with AI-related courses
- Proficiency with AI/ML domain programming languages; Python is required, C++ or other languages are a plus
- 3 – 5 years experience in developing and deploying AI/ML models and solutions, and a knowledge of machine learning frameworks, deep learning toolsets and topologies, e.g. OpenCV, Detectron2, MMDetection, Numpy, RCNN (and its variants), YOLO, Cascade, ResNe(X)t, MobileNet
- Experience with the following data collection and MLOps tools is a strong plus: Docker, DVC, AWS, GCP and ML-FLOW
- Creating documentation and (UML) models to support the creation of applications
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing and version control (GIT, SVN, TFS or Mercurial). Knowledge of using branch strategies, creating packages/libraries
- The attitude of an enterprising, positive & proactive builder
- Willingness to travel / work closely with other engineers at a Cboost location 3 days p / week. You might also work at customer locations throughout the Netherlands at times. Other days you can work from home or wherever you are most productive.
- Good verbal/written communication skills in English (Dutch and other languages are a plus)
- Driver’s license
- Affinity with solving health and sustainability issues